You can become a member of Pentland Triathletes by paying an annual membership fee.
As a triathlon club we run a number of regular coached training sessions throughout the year. To participate in these training sessions you need to upgrade your membership level from the Basic level to ‘Silver’ or ‘Gold’ dependent on the amount of coached training sessions you plan to participate in:
- Basic – Club membership only
- Silver – Club membership plus one coached training session per week
- Gold – Club membership plus unlimited coached training sessions
Basic Membership – £25 per year
Benefits include (but are not restricted to):
- Affiliation to Triathlon Scotland
- Access to all non-coached training sessions
- Access to all workshops and events organised by the club
- Access to club social events
- Access to Club Forums (hosted in Facebook)
- Ability to attend and vote at the club AGM
- Ability to purchase club kit (some of which may be subsidised)
Silver Membership – £155 per year
Silver membership includes basic membership benefits plus enables you to attend one coached training session per week during the membership year. Your coached session can change week to week, e.g. core and spin one week and swimming the next week
Gold Membership – £245 per year
Gold membership includes basic membership benefits plus enables you to attend unlimited timetabled training sessions throughout the membership year.
Coached training sessions include:
Swim sessions all year round at Balerno High School on a Saturday morning and Thursday evening and the Commonwealth Pool on a Monday evening.
Combined Strength & Conditioning / Spinning Sessions at Craiglockhart Sports centre on a Tuesday evening and Spinning on a Thursday evening. (The combined session is treated as a single coached session) (September through April)
Running sessions after Saturday morning swimming (These typically take place once a month during the ‘winter’ months)
The membership year runs from October through to September, so fees are due at the beginning of October. If you join the club during the membership year you will have to pay the £25 Basic membership cost plus any pro-rata costs if you elect to participate in coach training sessions.
Payment is made by Direct Debit and can be taken as either a single payment for the full amount at the start of the membership. For Gold or Silver membership there is the option to pay in installments of 10 pre-authorised monthly payments. You will be prompted to set up the direct debit when you make your first payment and it will remain in place for future payments. We use the PaySubsOnline application to manage our membership fees. If you want to sign up as a new member you first need to read our data privacy notice:
Next complete the registration process by filling in the registration form and electing the level of membership you wish to sign up for:
If you are an existing member and need to sign in to PaySubsOnline to pay your membership fees, update your details or manage your password you should sign in using the following link:
- While the coached training sessions are more prevalent during the winter months, we calculate the training fees to cover the costs of these sessions over the membership year.
- If you can no longer attend coached training sessions temporarily or permanently due to unforeseen circumstances (injury, work commitments, moving away from the area etc.) you will not receive a refund on your payment
- During the membership year you can upgrade your membership to a higher level on a pro-rata basis, but you cannot down-grade your membership status.
- To attend the swim sessions you are expected to be a reasonably competent swimmer – able to swim 100 metres freestyle without stopping. The ratio of coaches to swimmers allows us to coach your swim technique, but we don’t have the capacity to teach you how to swim. Of course you can still join the club and not swim!